POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Render Quality Problem : Re: Render Quality Problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Quality Problem
From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 28 Oct 1999 22:48:35
Message: <38190B41.5061087@saber.net>
Dear Ken and Folks,

I appreciate your comments and help to me and all the other users whose questions you
answer, month after month.

...but...
< snip >

> > The Problem:
> > sample code:
> > #delare T_Wood2 =
> >    texture { pigment { P_WoodGrain2A
> >                            (*ERROR SPOT*) color_map { M_Wood2A } } }
> >
> > error msg:
> > cannot use color_map with this pattern type
> >
> > The Soluton:
> >      < please, someone, fill this in...! >

Ken answered:

> From the docs:
>
> Quick Color
> < snip >

...quoted all the info from the docs...
I have inserted proper quick_color notations in the texture and pigment declartions;
that's the first thing I thought of to fix the problem.  All I imagine is that I
missed one somewhere in the
code above the error spot, so the error persists.

I'll scan though the INC files once again hoping to locate something as simple as a
typo or missing definition.

I'll let you all know what I come up with over the weekend.

Blessings,
             Brendan

--
Michael Brendan Hurley           ShadowDancerEnterprizes, LTD.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4969/index.html