POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Announce:Text justification assistant script : Re: Announce:Text justification assistant script Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce:Text justification assistant script
From: bloke
Date: 28 Oct 1999 15:59:06
Message: <3818B909.46968915@the.place>
>   It shouldn't be hard to get any information you want from a raw tga file
> by reading and analyzing it. It's a very simple format.

I'll have a look for some tga docs, this eliminate the need for
ImageMagick.

If theres a quick way to get aquainted with the algorythms used in ttf
and the way povray handles ttf (or Xfonts for that matter), then that
would be the quickest one, because it could just prod the font file,
instead of running a render. I just need to know (without extensive
knowledge of povray internals) the rules povray uses to space and align
text. The font info should be trivial?

It would be good to keep this as a seperate tool for now so that people
can avoid rebuilds, for instance I use macs, nt boxes, 95boxes, Amigas
and linux boxes for rendering, but I only have worthwhile compilers on
Linux as this is my working environment. I figure povray will probably
have to 'grow' commands to do this in a future release anyway. This way
I can generate scenes for any version of povray.