POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UVPov alpha 6 (based on POV 3.1g) : Re: UVPov alpha 6 (radiosity bug?) Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UVPov alpha 6 (radiosity bug?)
From: Mike
Date: 28 Oct 1999 12:31:05
Message: <38187804.857C24F5@aol.com>
I was experimenting with the new radiosity today and I noticed when I changed
resolutions that the brightness of the scene changed.  I had some lights in the
scene that I commented out so I could test some ambient objects.  At first I
thought the brightness was different because of the different resolutions, but
apparently the radiosity cache file (from when I rendered it with the lights in
the scene) is being kept but is only used at a specific image resolution.  I'm
not sure yet but it sounds like that old global variable bug might have creeped
back in.

-Mike