POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray 3.1 the newest version ? : Re: povray 3.1 the newest version ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.1 the newest version ?
From: omniVERSE
Date: 28 Oct 1999 06:34:49
Message: <381826c9@news.povray.org>
If you get the POV-Ray for Windows v3.1g you'll be as up-to-date as anyone
concerning the official program.
It's in continuous development as is the case with most programs which are
still alive and kicking.
So long as you aren't using the older 3.02 version you'll be fine for a
while longer.  The POV-Team has made some changes in the past which make
some features obsolete while adding still other new features as well.  It's
always been noted in the Doc and also in the message stream you see when
parsing a scene file if using a keyword that is experimental.
You don't sound interested in keeping track of many differences but the
SuperPatch, among others, can be a kind of preview of what's to come for the
official versions down the road (however no gaurantees).

SuperPatch and UVPov are the hot items these days, but there are many others
out there.
http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/
http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

Bob