POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UVPov alpha 6 (based on POV 3.1g) : Re: UVPov alpha 6 (based on POV 3.1g) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UVPov alpha 6 (based on POV 3.1g)
From: Mike
Date: 27 Oct 1999 10:28:09
Message: <381709B5.D52803F6@aol.com>
I really like the improvements  to radiosity.  I once tried to do get it to use
diffuse and reserve ambient for light casting objects myself once but it came
out funny (colors inverted or some such nonsense).  The higher recursion level
really improves things too - I was doing a test scene and raising the recursion
level to 4 made things visible that weren't apparent at a lower level.  Overall
I'd say it's alot easier to deal with now and the results are pretty
predictable with the 3 or 4 scenes I tried it with.

Btw, my last name is Hough. :)

-Mike