POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Using the sin fuction to move the camera : Using the sin fuction to move the camera Server Time
6 May 2024 21:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Using the sin fuction to move the camera
From: TigerHawk
Date: 26 Oct 1999 18:49:52
Message: <38163178.8CCDE760@stic.net>
I have been  wondering lately how one would go about moving a camera in
a well defined path. I know there are include files to help you with
this (I already have one that does work quite well). However, the
problem with include files is that I can't seem to get the effect I want
in a scene, and the include files are much harder to use than a simple
formula.

So I have been wondering what formula one might use to move the camera
along a sin path. For example, starting at the origin and moving forware
as time passes, with each imcrement of the frame, computing the x,y
value of the location on the sine.

If that makes any sense :) I know I can do it using radians in terms of
PI, but that does not help put what I need to do to practice (ie 60
frames would equal 1 frequency of the sine wave).

Any ideas?

Ken: Thanks for the include file information - I'll be sure to look at
it as it may make my life a while lot easier :) Especially if leaves
already exist on the tree...

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk
Tig### [at] SticNet