POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Image Map Headache! : Re: Image Map Headache! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Map Headache!
From: Ken
Date: 26 Oct 1999 16:32:19
Message: <38160F3F.2F063875@pacbell.net>
Glenn Bech wrote:

> Hi! Im having real headaches over image maps in Moray. When I create a box
> of 1x1x1,
> that i actually 2x2x2 units in size.
>
> 1) Why is that!?

To make an actual 1x1x1 box you need to make it 0.5x0.5x0.5

> And ... This gets hairy when I want to use image maps, this makes it
> impossible (so far
> for me) to make an Image map occupy a the total area of a Box object!
>
> 2) How can I make an image map occupy 100% of a box object in moray ?

translate it  <-0.5,-0.5,-0.5>

  There is a real good tutorial on image mapping at the link below.
While it is for POV-Ray not Moray it will really help you understand
the image map process.

http://members.xoom.com/yang4yang/pov/imap1.html

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: