POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problem with tga file : Re: problem with tga file Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with tga file
From: omniVERSE
Date: 18 Oct 1999 14:21:40
Message: <380b6534@news.povray.org>
If you are using POV-Ray for Windows and not for DOS (nor some others I
believe) then the default reverts to Bmp or other system (Mac) dependant
file type, not a Targa anymore.
Also, when naming your output file manually, using +oC:\images\testpov.bmp
for example, you need the file extension to match the type being created or
a image viewer will not read it properly.

Bob