POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : So much code, so little time. : Re: So much code, so little time. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So much code, so little time.
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 17 Oct 1999 16:43:19
Message: <380a34e7@news.povray.org>
Mike <pov### [at] aolcom> wrote...
> Btw, what do you
> think about the idea of moving all the functions dealing with reflection
> and refraction to a seperate include file?  I was thinking about that
today
> because all the new stuff is really making lighting.c hard to read.
> Perhaps if just a few choice functions were moved to a reflection.h it
> would make things easier to deal with.

Don't put functions in a header file.  Headers should only have prototypes
and typedefs, not any code (well, except for inline stuff in C++, but we're
working with C).

I do agree that lighting.c is getting a bit bloated.  Also, the stuff I gave
Ron with photon mapping and Daren's dispersion in the Refract code is really
messy... so feel free to clean it up.  :-)

-Nathan