POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : RIB-files : Re: RIB-files Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIB-files
From: Ken
Date: 18 Oct 1999 02:26:19
Message: <380ABD3E.2282DF77@pacbell.net>
"christof.schuler" wrote:

> Hy,
> I'm not very experienced with povray up to now, but I try to make
> pictures from results of numerical fluid dynamics calculations. For
> this, I can get a package that makes RIB-files. Can I use them in povray
> for producing photorealistic pictures or where do I find a
> converting-program ?
>
> christof

  The only RIB 2 Pov conversion tool I know of is an old PERL script.
You will need to have PERL installed to run it and it certainly has
it's limitations.

You can find it here:
http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp/ccp14/ftp-mirror/pov-ray/pub2/pov-ray/text/pov/

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: