POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.1: making glass : Re: Moray 3.1: making glass Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.1: making glass
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 15 Oct 1999 13:38:53
Message: <380766ad@news.povray.org>
Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> writes:

: Ok. I want to make a pathlight with a glass case, with a light source
: inside. I made a hollow glass cylindar, put a light inside (point
: light). It casts light out of the cylindar. But the cylindar itself does
: not glow. How do I make it glow in Moray 3.1/Pov 3.1?

You could use "ambient".

: I still would like to know how to make my own glass texture, by
: adjusting transparency of the color in the material editor of Moray.
: Thanks

Dunno about Moray, but this pigment/finish makes pretty basic glass:

sphere
{
	< 0, 0, 0> 1
	pigment { rgbt < 1, 1, 1, .5 > }
	finish { phong 1 ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection .5 }
}

Increase ambient to make it glow a bit.

Paul Vanukoff                                        van### [at] primenetcom
http://www.primenet.com/~vanukoff/

disconnected from foreign server