POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Stupid mistakes : Re: Stupid mistakes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid mistakes
From: TonyB
Date: 14 Oct 1999 21:48:45
Message: <380687fd@news.povray.org>
>Speaking of English:
>Why do we play at a recital and recite at a play?
>If the plural of mouse is mice, should the plural of house be hice?
>Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

And why are you loading cargo on a ship when there's a shipment coming in by
car?

>Also, English English and American English are completely different.

I refuse to put things in the boot of my petrol-powered motorcar, when
they'll fit better in the trunk of my gasoline-powered automobile! And I
will not tolerate any crisp or chip eating in it either! You can only eat
potato-chips and french-fries! Don't even think of wiping the windscreen,
because you'll surely leave the windshield dirty! I mean, I could have an
accident because of your negligence. Calling the dustman won't help either,
because they won't clean it any more than my garbage man! And don't think
employing a solicitor will help you much, 'cause I'll sue your pants off
with my lawyer! And after that, I'll find you on the street and run into
you. I don't care if my hood gets dented, because you Brits can only dent
bonnets! ;)

PS: Thank you, thank you. I have a couple more to go, but I can't think of
anything else.
PS2: God save the Queen, and all that... =)