POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Stupid mistakes : Re: Stupid mistakes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid mistakes
From: Ron Parker
Date: 14 Oct 1999 09:25:24
Message: <3805d9c4@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:38:09 +0200, Remco de Korte wrote:
>Larry Fontaine wrote:
>>
>> Which is surpising given the myraid other errors in your post (j/k).
>
>I don't know what this means.
>I even don't know what (j/k) is.

(j/k) is "just kidding."  As for stupid errors, David misspelled
myriad. :)  There's a law somewhere that says every language flame
will contain a language error.  I know this wasn't a flame, but I
guess the law still applies.

Anyway, since he started it, here are the errors I noticed.  I'm sure
you don't care, of course, and many native English speakers have trouble
with the same words.  This isn't a flame, just an elucidation of what he
meant when he mentioned the other errors.  Personally, I've just gotten
used to them so I ignore them:

>the program sometimes looses focus.

The correct word is "loses."  "looses" is a rarely-used word meaning
"sets free."

>while I didn't expect it too.

The correct word is "to."  "too" means "also."

>I truely wish POV-Ray

truly

>more or less meaningfull names

meaningful

>BTW: is there a patch that solves this? Does the SuperPatch? I have it
>downloaded but still didn't come round to trying it (too busy with the
>original :)).

Not a spelling flame, but an answer:  not yet.  The superpatch has the
same problem at the moment.