POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Possible bug in focal blur. : Possible bug in focal blur. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Possible bug in focal blur.
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 12 Oct 1999 22:55:45
Message: <3803f4b1@news.povray.org>
In the scene below, the use of focal blur makes the image much brighter, as
though the blurred component is added to the original sample, rather than
some kind of (possibly weighted) average.  I'm not sure if this is supposed
to happen or not, but I've tweaked all the blur parameters to the extremes
and nothing has changed the extra brightness.  What do you think?

#version 3.1;

global_settings
{
  assumed_gamma 1.000