POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon Map : Re: Photon Map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Map
From: Ken
Date: 12 Oct 1999 12:40:27
Message: <38036440.2614936B@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >
> > That's what I said :)
>
> You or Babelfish?
> If it's the latter, it seems surprisingly good. Though my French skills aren't
> as good as they used to be. And they used to be poor...
>
> Margus

 It was alta vista. I have found that by keeping my sentence structure as
simple as possible the translator work pretty good. If you start throwing
techno-speak at it everything gets messed up.
  I find it interesting that when converting from french -> english the
success seems dependent upon who is writing the french. Gilles and Fabien
translate very well while some of the others on the french pov newsgroup
are almost impossible to get a good translation out of. I was reading a
post by Gilles this morning and I could almost read it without the need
for the translator and I have never studied the french language.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: