POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starfighter 2 ~60K : Re: Starfighter 2 ~60K Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starfighter 2 ~60K
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Oct 1999 09:43:18
Message: <38033af6@news.povray.org>
http://www.venturestar.com/pages/gallery/index.html
Check out this URL above.  It has the reuseable spacecraft X-33 there
showing renderings and a couple animations.  The thing isn't so realistic
even though it exists; goes for many things...
I was looking for something about a project to assist in launches (of what,
I'm not certain) that is going on near here at Marshall Space Flight Center
in Huntsville Alabama.  Didn't find a web page about it  : (
Think it might be a magnetic induction type thing, like what's used in a
roller coaster I've heard about where it propels the cars at the startup to
90 miles per hour or something.  This spacecraft or aircraft launcher is
supposed to be 600 miles per hour.  I thought of both this and the rendering
here of "Starfighter 2" because of the way the Jedi fighters launched in
Star Wars E4, at least it seemed they started up under magnetic flux power
or something, really don't know.  Just reminded me of that.

Bob

Glenn Bech <130### [at] swineduau> wrote in message
> I tend to be a little picky when it comes to sci-fi images, especially
when
> it comes
> to design so I just have one question ; How does the damn thing land ?
Hover