POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract experiment ... (113KB pre-upload) : Abstract experiment ... (113KB pre-upload) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Abstract experiment ... (113KB pre-upload)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 11 Oct 1999 13:55:10
Message: <3802244C.6EFFDB8E@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Folks,
	Well, this is something of a tangent to my usual landscapes / clouds

LParser page and saw his 'Emerald City' series (see
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljlapre/ec.htm ). This inspired me to do something
similar ... or try at least.
	This is the firstish attempt that I like. The presence/absence, texture
and rotation of each small cube in the shell of a larger cube is
determined by the value of a bozo pattern at it's centre. How I did this
will be left as an exercise for the reader. Any guesses? Suffice to say,
I couldn't figure out how to do it with standard PoV but used SuperPatch
functionality.
	Since this is an experiment, I thought it should go on a bit of low
grade graph paper, not the nice crisp and clean bits other people seem
to like :-)

	Let me know what you think ...

	Bye for now,
		Mike Andrews.