POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Macro Trees :-) : Re: Macro Trees :-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro Trees :-)
From: Josh English
Date: 11 Oct 1999 12:05:50
Message: <38020ADC.85A705B@spiritone.com>
Good work. I'm sure you can see that even with the randomness it is not
enough. Smaller parts of the tree are still too similar to the whole. There
needs to be more randomness in the lengths and diameters of each branch, and
then you get the very fun job of putting leaves on the whole thing.

I'm sure you will get a more realistic texture on it as well. I've been
playing with recursive macros for a while, but I haven't got the hang of them
myself.

Don't be detracted by people saying that Gilles has made the ultimate tree
macro (Well, he has, in my opinion) but the purpose is to do it yourself,
right?

Keep up the good work.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
icq 1946299
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and realize you haven't fallen asleep
yet."