POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : no_image/no_reflection Help needed : Re: no_image/no_reflection Help needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image/no_reflection Help needed
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 11 Oct 1999 02:25:58
Message: <38018301.FC0357F6@atos-group.com>
smellenbergh wrote:

> We tried it and it works except for the no_image option when you turn on
> the auto bounding system of POV-Ray (make sure it is used by setting the
> numer of objects to 1). With the auto bounding on, no_image will also
> remove the shadow. If you turn the autobounding off, it works as
> expected.

I tried it too, and it seems to work fine.

Can you provide a pov scene which demonstrate this "bug",
now that I have applied this patch to my povray...

I tried it with sphere, torus, cylinder and cone...
the image was always as expected!!
 (No more cheating with the bounding box/light source/camera
to have a vampire object, or the opposite (how do you call it ?)
)

> Also, it doesn't seem to work with the text object.

I have to test that yet!