POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mezquita : Re: Mezquita Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mezquita
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 Oct 1999 12:41:04
Message: <3800c1a0@news.povray.org>
Sander wrote in message <3800a80c@news.povray.org>...
>This is the first result of a 5-year-project ;o)

>*all* of the mosque - is going to I should rather say. So what you see here
>is just a small part. I know there is a lot to do yet: lighting is all
>wrong, floor should have structure (tiles, different textures), the arches
>are too flat, there is no ceiling, no roof, the walls are flat, no windows,
>the cathedral has only some columns... The mosque columns are the only
thing
>I have worked on quite a bit. They all have a different part of the same
>texture (thank you Peter!).
>In my view it already looks a bit like the real thing, for that reason I
>post it. I am very interested in any kind of criticism. And don't say I'd
>better post a real photograph: I'm just having plenty of fun trying to get
>it look real.
>Sander

Wow!!!

Could you please post a closeup of the top decorations of the
columns, and possibly the code for it.

all in all it looks very good.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features