POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pod house : Pod house Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Pod house
From: Ken Matassa
Date: 10 Oct 1999 14:42:06
Message: <3800DF7F.57A9@pacbell.net>
I started this back in February with the intent of it being the
focus of an entry in the IRTC. Once I realized I wasn't going to
make the deadline, I stopped work on it. Recently I had the urge
to take another look at it.

The structure is made up of 792 besier patches and represents one
half of a pod house as envisioned by James Gurney in his book
"Dinotopia The World Beneath". It was modeled in Moray 2.5b and
rendered with POVRAY 3.0. (If you are interested in seeing what
the finished structure should look like, find a copy of the book
and look at the illustration on page 62.)

I haven't decided how I am going to proceed with the project. I'm
not happy with the overall proportions, and the problems I had with
DOS extender crashes while combining the individual sections, each
of which was created as a separate file to save modeling time, make
me want to try redoing it using meshes instead of besier patches.
The textures are currently rudimentary.

Ken Matassa

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: