POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trapped [~45 KB] : Re: Trapped [~45 KB] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trapped [~45 KB]
From: Lance Birch
Date: 10 Oct 1999 08:09:03
Message: <380081df@news.povray.org>
Simen Kvaal <sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote in message

> >Hope you like it.
> >
> As I said, I do. ;)
>
> One could discuss the symbolics, of course. First of all, you are using
two

can
> express more.
>
> Love (friendship?), trapped in endless chains (locks?) of something hard
> beat through. The background suggest to different worlds (ways of
thinking?
> ways of living? different countries? parents?), and the rose lies
(trapped?)
> between the two worlds. I think the backgrounds suggests some similarity
> the two opposites, as they are only different in colors; the cloudy
pattern
> is very much the same.
>
> What impress me most, perhaps, is the choice of colors. The rose's color
> looks *good*, and the background is vivid and pretty, without being colors
> you see all the time in ray-traced images. And then there is simplicity.
Not
> too little, not too much in the image. Only what is needed. It is easy to
> uin an image like this (with a lens-flare, mass-reflections, extra
> objects...). I think this is a general problem with ray-tracing artists:
> They are afraid of what "colleagues" maight say if it is no actual
> *technical* achievement. Those rings, for axample, can be done in four or
> five lines of code; do does the background. Many could say: "I could have
> done better than that!" Could they?
>
> Simen.

Thank you Simen, I really enjoyed reading that reply :)  I think that is one
of the first times someone has said something that nice about one of my
images :)

Out of all of my images created with POV-Ray, this is the one that I love
the most, and it was also the last image that I ever made with POV-Ray.
There are lots of reasons, the personal symbolism is one of the foremost,
and the colours appeal to me greatly, especially those of the background.

A lot of the things that you have listed are amoung the true meaning of the
image.  Two ways of living, two ways of thinking, "trapped" by
something/someone/views/society, two complete worlds, a new life/an old
life.  Extirpate/Inception.

From this image I learnt a lot about life in the process of making it.

Thank you.