POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trapped [~45 KB] : Re: Trapped [~45 KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trapped [~45 KB]
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 10 Oct 1999 07:36:21
Message: <38007a35@news.povray.org>

>Hope you like it.

As I said, I do. ;)

One could discuss the symbolics, of course. First of all, you are using two

express more.

Love (friendship?), trapped in endless chains (locks?) of something hard to
beat through. The background suggest to different worlds (ways of thinking?
ways of living? different countries? parents?), and the rose lies (trapped?)
between the two worlds. I think the backgrounds suggests some similarity to
the two opposites, as they are only different in colors; the cloudy pattern
is very much the same.

What impress me most, perhaps, is the choice of colors. The rose's color
looks *good*, and the background is vivid and pretty, without being colors
you see all the time in ray-traced images. And then there is simplicity. Not
too little, not too much in the image. Only what is needed. It is easy to
uin an image like this (with a lens-flare, mass-reflections, extra
objects...). I think this is a general problem with ray-tracing artists:
They are afraid of what "colleagues" maight say if it is no actual
*technical* achievement. Those rings, for axample, can be done in four or
five lines of code; do does the background. Many could say: "I could have
done better than that!" Could they?

Simen.