POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Macro Trees :-) : Macro Trees :-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Macro Trees :-)
From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 10 Oct 1999 00:22:02
Message: <380014AA.5DA7237C@isd.net>
I'm working on a blob-tree-generating macro. I'm surprised I was
actually able to write the basic shell in so little time! It has the
same number of limbs branching off at each joint. You can specify the
recursion level, the angle offset of a limb from its parent, the number
of branches at each joint, the extent of randomization for the end
vertex of each limb, the ammount of "bumpiness" on the limbs, the ratio
of the radius for child limbs, the ratio of the length for child limbs,
the ratio of the  diameters at the start and end of a limb "cone value",
the number of components in each limb, the start-coords and end-coords
of the the trunk, and the starting seed values. With no randomization
settings, the child limbs would be evnly rotated, ie, if the parent limb
sticks straight up, then at 3 children the child limbs would point to
12:00, 4:00 and 8:00, 120 degrees apart on y-rotation. All of these are
then rotated by a random amount, regardless of rand. values sent, but
stay evenly spaced, ie they may end up pointing to 3:00, 7:00 and 11:00.
I would like to implement random curviness in the limbs (you may have
seen my post in general) and, of course, leaves and possibly roots. It
would also be nice if I could avoid branch intersection, but I think
that may be a tad too difficult.
This particular tree is 4 levels, 4 braches, 0.6 "cone value", 0.6 on
both ratios, 50 degrees from parent, 0.4 end-position-randomness, 20
components per limb, 0.3 bumpiness, 0.3 trunk radius, and 0 for all
seeds.

------
DAF

Post a reply to this message