POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER : Re: Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 9 Oct 1999 19:36:02
Message: <37ffd162@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote...

> And the language is so versatile, it's difficult to write a parser
> without using the POV-Ray code (which is a no-no).

Seems to me Thomas Baier wrote a little patch of POV-Ray (the POB patch)
which would parse the scene and output a binary file.  I think it should be
possible (and not far to difficult) to do something similar to output MDL
files.  That way you could use POV-Ray code.  For info on the POB SDK, check
out:
http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/pob_sdk.html

-Nathan