POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : No pointlight-atmospheric media interaction here. (43kb) : Re: No pointlight-atmospheric media interaction here. (43kb) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No pointlight-atmospheric media interaction here. (43kb)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 9 Oct 1999 10:20:03
Message: <37ff4f13@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the effort.  What I eventually am trying to get is a "christmas bulb in
a wiffle ball in the fog," except my wiffle ball is an isosurface.

This whole effect renders quickly, is intuitively set up, and only requires a
White*14 intensity SPOTLIGHT.

When i go to POINTLIGHT, I have to put that plane in there and raise the intensity
several orders of magnitude to get it to work. And as you said, requires a long
render time.

What's the difference between spot & point lights???  Is this "intentional"??