POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Stupid mistakes : Re: Stupid mistakes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid mistakes
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Oct 1999 03:42:33
Message: <37fef1e9@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
>  I use it intensely (intensively?)

[extensively] would be the correct word I believe.

>  is there a patch that solves this? Does the
> SuperPatch? I have it downloaded but still didn't come round to trying it
(too
> busy with the original :)).

If there is I'd use it, if I could break the habit of naming files with the
8.3 convention enough anyway.  I do have many files named with long file
names now, even with spaces in them, and POV for Win seems fine for just the
pov and inc scripts.  The short names is so deeply embedded in my psyche
it's tough to bypass.  I guess another thing to consider is what animation
programs also accept the long file (Joliet?) names.

Bob