POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 88,000 spheres and about 80K : Re: 88,000 spheres and about 80K Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 88,000 spheres and about 80K
From: GrimDude
Date: 9 Oct 1999 01:13:05
Message: <37fecee1@news.povray.org>
That's closer to my guess, Bryan. ;)

Remco? Maybe the "Village Tit?" :)

Bryan Valencia <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> wrote in message
> Scrubbing bubbles

  My intention here was to create an object,assembled from many objects,
with textures applied to independant objects. This scene was created with
while loops, recursively defined. I knew I was into trouble after the second
iteration, because my first use of this object was with media. Windows
crashed after filling my hard drive with swap file and took five minutes to
recover. So, I switched to a simple texture and managed another iteration.
Finally, by applying the texture after the declaration, I can get to four
iterations. All I want is five. :)
  I have 128Megs of RAM installed, and 500Megs free on the Windows drive.
  So, okay! I loaned out my Pov Manual. :) What's more wasteful memory-wise?
  I think this code is pretty clear(?) given the resulting image.

   #while (Level>-46)
      #declare Times = 0;
      #while (Times<289)
         object { FourthArray scale .3 translate -1.33*x rotate Level*z
rotate (Times+Offset)*y }
         #declare Times = Times+72;
      #end
      #declare Level = Level-45;