POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt to create a non rendered looking image. (66KB) : Re: Attempt to create a non rendered looking image. (57KB) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to create a non rendered looking image. (57KB)
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 8 Oct 1999 16:33:49
Message: <37fe552d@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <37FE4E9E.72F663F6@pacbell.net>...

>Chris Huff wrote:
>>
>> Looks like the scene is illuminated by a single light source at the same
>> position as the camera, and given a white texture with a high brilliance
>> value, diffuse 1, and ambient 0.
>> Am I right?
>
>  So what you are saying is that there really are 3D objects here
>but they are so washed out that only the edges of the objects are
>not highlighted. Interesting proposal and I think you probably are
>correct.

Of course there are real 3D objects here (see attached, same object
different texture and lights) with the following texture statement

texture {
  pigment {
   rgb 1
  }
}
finish {
  ambient -4
  diffuse 20
  brilliance 1.5
}

Justin

P.S. I forgot to mention, it took just under an hour running in the
background on a PII 266, traced at a resolution of 6400x4800. (The only way
I could get the lines to me contiguous).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mercury2grid.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'mercury2grid.jpg'