POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toothbrush (<17kb before upload) : Re: Toothbrush (<17kb before upload) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toothbrush (<17kb before upload)
From: TonyB
Date: 6 Oct 1999 15:17:28
Message: <37fba048@news.povray.org>
>The handle looks fine to me but I would recommend a special grip place
>for the thumb. You should also use more cylinders for the bristles in a
>more random manner.

This was just a demonstration of the blobbing. It's an improved continuation
to torusblob and boxblob. I guess I could have called it superellipsoidblob,
but that sounds kinda ugly. I came up with this late last night and left it
rendering with some silly settings and it still wasn't done in the morning
so I stopped it, toned it down, and posted it quickly before leaving for
school. The bristles were just placed there to see if this could indeed be a
toothbrush.

>Otherwise the plastic is GOOD.

Really? It's just texture {pigment {rgb 1} finish {phong 1}}. Nothing fancy.
The bristles are texture {pigment {rgb 1 transmit .9} finish {ambient 1}}