POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win and Macro File Associations : Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 6 Oct 1999 09:33:28
Message: <37fb4fa8@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Juha <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:

>   The only problem here is that in pure DOS you will see the file is
> AUTOCL~1.INC
>
>   This may cause problems if you use povray for dos. #include
"autoclck.mcr"
> will certrainly not work.

Obviously the suggestion is useless when using DOS and Windows versions
together - in fact, the suggestion is useless anyway!  My original thinking
was that by adding the .INC extension you could still use #include
"AUTOCLCK.MCR" in your scene files.  When POV-Ray encounters an included
file without an extension it will add .INC for you, so this way you could
still have shared your files with others (who didn't have the .INC on their
.MCR files).

Problem is, after firing up a copy of POV-Ray for Windows it appears POV-Ray
*doesn't* add the INC extension when the .MCR extension is already
present... that'll teach me to shoot off solutions without testing!