POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garden - Work in Progress : Re: Garden - Work in Progress Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garden - Work in Progress
From: Tika
Date: 5 Oct 1999 14:11:22
Message: <37fa3f4a@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

> I hadn't even considered the frame being 2D the dop shadow might have been a
> tip-off but you have good area light shadows in the picture besides too,
> unless of course you were post-processing on those also.

I don't think I did any post-processing of the lighting. Sometimes I do adjust
gamma and brightness but this one I didn't have to. The frame is two Blade Pro
Presets (www.flamingpear.com) for Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro. The basket weave
is one of my own presets and the golden frame color is one I found on the
'net. I just put one over the other (white area, basketweave, then again with
gold). I normally add drop shadow for frames.

I'm so used to "framing" my objects for two reasons: One being that I frequent
alt.binaries.comp-graphics which is 2D and 3D art and I like to keep the
images small, and picture-like, and two - I like to have it look like
something for a gallery (ie. my art gallery found at my site :) I have to get
with it and update the gallery, too, and add my models I made.

--

Tika

Tika's Graphics: http://www.5thpower.com/tika/