POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Birdhouse : Re: Birdhouse Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Birdhouse
From: Tika
Date: 5 Oct 1999 14:11:21
Message: <37fa3f49@news.povray.org>
SamuelT. <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:37F95A29.1919050D@aol.com...
> You have made a good step into the world of raytracing with povray. I see
you even
> placed an area_light in there. I'm sure you will find many of the little
tricks to
> getting the type of image you want as you learn more.

It's an adventure! :)

> Also, don't forget the triangle object in pov. They render very fast and
will
> allow you to make such shapes as the roof on your birhouse.

Hey, bet that is easier than using the sPatch prism model I made! I never knew
there was a triangle object in POVRay (I don't know all the objects it can
do). I'll have to look at that.

> May you have much enjoyment raytracing!

Right now I'm having some fun learning how to do some animations (made my own
.ini file) and trying out Chris Colefax's stuff - some really wild stuff
there! :)

Maybe some things I might be able to use in my birdhouse image.

--

Tika

Tika's Graphics: http://www.5thpower.com/tika/