POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Funniest error ever! : Re: Funniest error ever! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funniest error ever!
From: TonyB
Date: 4 Oct 1999 22:01:41
Message: <37f95c05@news.povray.org>
>I was wondering when someone would find this limit.

You mean you knew and didn't say anything?! :O

>In isofunct.c change the
>define of FUNCT_MAX_STACK_LEN 256 at the top to some larger value, but be
>aware that it may never have been tested with a higher limit -

It must have been set at that size for a reason. Perhaps to save memory?

>256 instructions on the function stack is not that much for a default.

You mean that they used a low number and that regular programmers would have
used a larger number to begin with? Bastards! >%O

Oh, well, thanks for the suggestion on recompiling, but I don't have
anything but DJGPP and I don't want to run POV in DOS. :|

PS: Please take all smileys/emoticons as     ;)