POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garden - Work in Progress : Re: Garden - Work in Progress Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garden - Work in Progress
From: Tika
Date: 4 Oct 1999 20:56:58
Message: <37f94cda@news.povray.org>
I saved your suggestions. :)

Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

> Appears to be too much 'ambient' for the birdhouse and maybe even the rest
> too,

What is 'ambient'? I mean, I have heard the term before but never really
understood it's meaning. Is it too light? Too dark? Sometimes the gamma on my
system is different than that on others. I've noticed downloading pics, that
some appear too dark to see any detail. And too, the .jpg compression (eww...)

I tried to add some shine to the birdhouse but no luck yet...

>the hole should probably go dark, almost black.

I was thinking about that but I wanted a hole one could actually be able to
peer into, sort of give it realistic depth... Probably would been easier your
way though. Just slap a circle on the face of that cube. :)

> I think this is great, has a paper cutout graphics look to it.

Ick.. Here I was hoping for more realism. <G> I'm working on it though.

> Nice going so far, hope to see the additions to the landscape.  You might
> try looking into the clouds technique which Jaime Vives Piqueres did in
> Stsky.pov posted at the povray.text.scene-files (or p.binaries.s-f.?) group
> a month or so ago, I think you would like it.

Problem with me is, I'm finding that most of these files are way over my
head - very difficult to impossible to understand. I'm just learning so if it
looks way too complex, I just don't bother with it right now. I have Terragen
and Paint Shop Pro 5 so... anything's possible! <G> But I hope to make this
scene 100% POV-Ray... I'll get there.

--

Tika

Tika's Graphics: http://www.5thpower.com/tika/