POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garden - Work in Progress : Re: Garden - Work in Progress Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garden - Work in Progress
From: Tika
Date: 4 Oct 1999 10:14:34
Message: <37f8b64a@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Congratulations ! You have taken a powerful 3D raytracing program and made
> 2D art with it. Not everyone has the talent to do that :)

I don't know if that's good or bad. <G> Normally I thought folks would think
of it as a humiliating step down for a 3D program to do a 2D picture since 3D
is suppposed to be supperior to 2D. But I have to admit, I did the frame and
stamped my name using Paint Shop Pro 5 and Blade Pro (for the frame). I added
drop shadow around the frame in Paint Shop Pro 5. But the picture itself was
rendered entirely in POV-Ray 3.1g. I've done 2D art for many years so I guess
it'll influence my 3D work somehow.

> As far as grass goes there has been a few grass example files posted in
> the scene files groups in the past. A search through those groups would
> give you a few good examples to work with. Much better than an image
> map on a plane.

I'll have to reset my list and go through those posts for grass stuff. In
fact, I think I might already have downloaded a couple examples that I didn't
get to yet. After I sort the goodies I grabbed from the ngs here, I'll go back
for a few more. :)

--

Tika

Tika's Graphics: http://www.5thpower.com/tika/