POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k : Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Reflections... nice image and some questions. ~80k
From: Glenn Bech
Date: 4 Oct 1999 06:58:38
Message: <37f8885e@news.povray.org>
Inspired by some images posted in this group lately, I decided to make my
own reflection image,
I had a lot fun, rendering in 100x120 etc. This is reflective spheres in a
reflectiv sphere...
Is this the "trick" behind the images posted by mr. Nospam and the rest of
you ?

Anyway, Im pretty pleased by the image, it looks kind of interesting..
Especially near the bottom
left and bottom right, where there are some non sphere shapes for sure! too
bad the renering
time is so horrbile, I also did nothing to the "max trace levels", should I
do that ?

Tech, details : Render time: 1:47:51 (AMD K6-II 64MB Ram.)
Peak memory: 8MB
Reflected rays: 98,400,000 :-) Don excactly know what this number is, but It
looks impresive.
Jpeg compression: 20 (PSP, looks okay!)

Technical question, might be a stupid one, but Ill fire anyway (I have NO
pride to lose! Never had..)

Q1) I suspect the answer is YES from observation, but I wonder why.... Why
does pigments affect
100% reflecting surfaces ? If I had a red texture, with 100% reflection, it
would look different
than a blue texture with 100% reflection, or ??? Are there any use at all to
have a pigment for example
when using 100% reflective surfaces ?

Q2) In Real life, reflection increases when the viewers angle with with a
plane decreases, right ? (My physics might
be a little rusty, long time ago..) Does povray or other raytracers support
this ?

How's the Horror images coming along for people ?~

Have fun!

Glenn.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: