POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win and Macro File Associations : Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 2 Oct 1999 08:50:46
Message: <37f5ffa6@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>   I never said it was inconvenient. In fact I like the fact that it
> differentiates a common include file from a macro bearing include
> file. Helps to sort out the old technology from the new a progress
> that should be embraced and not avoided.

followed by :
>   So there is more than just a preferential reason for having added a new
> extention than just being a POV-Ray rebel. It helps define the usage of a
> macro in a way that is not possible with pre-existing include files.

and finished with:
> Proper ? I think it was a logical progression.

I really don't know how much logic was involved...at any rate, here's one
possible solution: if you rename the *.MCR files to have both a MCR
extension *and* an INC extension (eg. AUTOCLCK.MCR becomes AUTOCLCK.MCR.INC)
then you should be able to include the files as before (using #include
"AUTOCLCK.MCR" without the INC extension), and still have the files properly
recognised as POV-Ray include files: the best of both worlds, perhaps?