POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini Patch Bug ? : Re: Mini Patch Bug ? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini Patch Bug ?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 27 Sep 1999 23:24:28
Message: <37f034ec@news.povray.org>
I also tried making a variety of modifications to media, including evenly
spaced samples and supersampling, but I couldn't get supersampling to work
properly either.  I now know what I was doing wrong.  Make sure that when
you super-sample, you give the super-samples less weight in the average.
I.E. if you add a new sample between two existing samples, the new weights
of the existing samples plus the weight of the new sample should still add
up to the sum of the original weights of the two original samples.  Ok...
that sounds a lot more confusing than I intended.

-Nathan