POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Getting into Linux... : Getting into Linux... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Getting into Linux...
From: TonyB
Date: 27 Sep 1999 19:29:08
Message: <37effdc4@news.povray.org>
Hello. I know a guy with Mandrake Linux (latest version), and he is always
laughing at me for having bought Red Linux 5.2 and never installing it. I
just haven't had time, and, up until recently, not enough hard drive space,
and now, well, it's outdated. I'm thinking of connecting my 6GB hard drive
with one of those Y cables to have my 13GB HD, 6GB HD and 24x CD-ROM all at
the same time. The 6GB would, of course, go to Mandrake. Has anyone here
ever installed Linux like this (separate HD)? I need all the help I can get.
I am really, really meticulous and careful when I do anything to my
computer. I need all the information in plain english. Please give me any
suggestions you can. I would like to get things going just as good as I have
them in Windows 98: a simple, easy to follow GUI, POV-Ray, games, Internet,
speadsheets, e-mail, the works. Thanks in advance to everyone. =)