POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sPatch Add Point question : sPatch Add Point question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  sPatch Add Point question
From: Takuya Arai
Date: 20 Sep 1999 19:20:10
Message: <37e6c12a@news.povray.org>
Found this place through Ken Tyler's home page...great site.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you might be able to help a newbie :)  I posted
this in comp.graphics.raytracing (I think that's what it's called) but I
thought I'd give it a try here too.

I'm running into an annoying problem using sPatch.  Say for example I have a
rectangle made out of 8 points (4 points to make a 2D square and extrude).
Now, after I made the shape, if I wanted to add another point partway up one
of the sides, I thought all I needed to do was click on the Add Point tool,
click on one of the existing points and drag up....

But more often than not, what will happen is, as soon as I click on an
existing point it will pick one of the 3 lines that terminate at that point
and make a double.  So I'll end up with a point in the middle of the side but
on a second line and not the original.

Something like this:
________.___________.__________.
               This part will be another line, not the original.

I dont' know if this explains my question clearly enough or not...essentially
I need to know how I can add a point to an already existing line easily.  Just
clicking on the line doesn't make the point part of the line...is there a hot
key or another technique to use????

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

If you DO reply, can you also send a copy to tim### [at] stratosnet as well?  Thank
you.

Tim