POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization : Re: Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization
From: Ty Matthews
Date: 20 Sep 1999 15:36:47
Message: <37e68ccf@news.povray.org>
Tim Kaulmann <T.K### [at] Zentralde> wrote in message

> At a certain point my POV3.1 for Win slows down to 2 pps on my Pentium MMX
> 233 (128 MB RAM) :-(

I can tell I'm in for a fun ride.  I only have a Pentium 150.

Just out of curiosity, though.  Who holds the record for the longest time
letting their computer render an image and where is the image?  It would
take mine probably a week and a half to render a 1280x1024 image, adding an
extra three and a half days over Tim's 2 pps.

Ty Matthews