POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OUCH! My computer hurts! : Re: OUCH! My computer hurts! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OUCH! My computer hurts!
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 19 Sep 1999 23:44:14
Message: <37e5ad8e@news.povray.org>
If you're getting lots of reflection and refraction (two-way recursion)
slowing down the photon-map building process using the unions, try just
using refraction for the photon map and ignoring reflection.  Alternatively,
you can specify an ADC bailout specifically for the photon mapping to try to
decrease reflected photons that don't add much to the scene.

I'd definately at least start with a lower density of photons (more
separation between the photons).... at least for testing... you can increase
that density for the final render.

-Nathan