POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini patch : Re: Mini patch Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini patch
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 18 Sep 1999 19:25:21
Message: <37e41f61@news.povray.org>
Mike <pov### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:37E3E6DA.DE1908AD@aol.com...
> Happy to hear you are having fun with it.  Try a spherical camera render
next
> and map it to a sky_sphere using spherical mapping. :)

I thought of this when I was planning to make a scene that used some of
those super-slow media clouds.  First, I thought I'd render the scene with
just the sky and no other objects (using the same camera that the final
image would use).  Then, using a macro I created, I'd paste that image map
on a plane lined up witht he camera in the far background for all subsequent
renders.  But then what would happen to reflections (the scene had glass in
it)?  So I thought I'd render the rest of the sky using a spherical camera
and map it to the sky_sphere (like you suggest).  Then, I'd have a
high-resolution image map directly in front of the camera and a nice
sky-sphere to handle reflections.

But then I never used those slow media clouds in that image, so I never put
this technique to use.

-Nathan