POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Merge vs. Union : Re: Merge vs. Union Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merge vs. Union
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Sep 1999 18:19:08
Message: <37e40fdc@news.povray.org>
Think the proper term might be  /inversed clipped_by/  seeing as how
there are no structures left within the bounds of the master object.
That is to say, no surfaces exist unlike using a form of
'intersection' or 'difference' (the only pair of things everything
else seems to be based on when "cutting").
Just happened to think, if a unioned CSG is completely opaque is there
no ray testing done within said CSG?  Sure this has been asked a
thousand times before so maybe it's in the VFAQ, I'll go look  : )

Bob