POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV is Great! : Re: POV is Great! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV is Great!
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 18 Sep 1999 00:58:19
Message: <37e31beb@news.povray.org>
> I've only been using POV for a few months and I feel that I've just
> barely scratched the surface.

I know the feeling ;)

> And what a surface! The pictures you can
> make are only limited by your imagination.

That's MY personal favorite part!  Too bad I'm running dry :(

> And I like to thank everyone
> on the newserver for their question and answers. If I don't post often
> it is because my questions has already been answered. So keep up the
> great work!
>  POV also helped me program in c++.

Ack. . .I just use a modeler! :)

Maybe after I learn C++, I'll get into raw POV code. . .maybe :)

> I've had c++ for a while, played
> with it off and on. When a program I had downloaded need a fix (it had
> the c++ object code). I took a look at it and it didn't seem so strange.
> The syntax was a little different but I was able to find and fix the
> problem.

Wow, that's cool!  I can modify POV code a little, because I know the basics
in C, but I found that some nice QuakeC code seems more like POV code
(probably because of the intense vector usage :)

>  Why am I writing this? I think a little praise never hurts. And I
> wanted to!

Praise helps more then people give it credit.  I mean. . .the POV team's
giving this to us for FREE!  We get this really cool tool to mess around
with and we don't have to pay a dime!  I think that's a bargain.  Could you
imagine how much work by so many different people went into this?

> Have fun!!

I know I will with the discovery of sPatch ;)

Good luck tracing your rays!

-Ian