POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mini patch : Re: Mini patch Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini patch
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 18 Sep 1999 00:52:20
Message: <37e31a84@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message <37e2656d@news.povray.org>...
>Um.  No progress recently.  There are a lot of little patches I need to
track
>down and integrate.  So far, I definitely have isoblobs and photons and a
>few other little things, but I had those a month ago.  I'd definitely like
>add this media one, and fix a smattering of bugs I've posted in
.bugreports.
>No idea when I'll find time to do that, though.

I've figured out a modification to the Windows version of POV-Ray that can
result in a 1%-5% across-the-board speed increase, depending on how much is
running in the background.  If none of the other patches that have been
added have modified any of the pvengine.* files, integrating the
modifications should take less than a minute (if they have been modified, it
might take as much as five minutes).  Should I send you the source?

Mark