POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : file output??? : Re: file output??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file output???
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Sep 1999 14:55:14
Message: <37e13d12@news.povray.org>
Hi there Sean,

  POV-Ray 3.0* Doc was better suited to the tutorial aspect perhaps,
matter of opinion really.  Anyway, all you need do is have a scene
file (*.pov) open in the editor and press the Run button for Windows
version.
This renders your scene and saves the file as the scene name with a
Bmp extension into C:\images\ folder (if you so set up during install,
otherwise it goes into the folder where the scene file resides).

Bob

Sean Robertson <sea### [at] infinet> wrote in message
> I am using POVRay 3.1 for win98 and I can't find an option anywhere
to save
> the image to disk.  How on earth do I do that?  Is there a good site
that
> explains these sorts of things?  The help file that came with it
does a
> terrible job of explaining out to use the program (it only ges into
detail
> about what the menu options mean, which doesn't do a damn thing for
me
> because I can't find the bloody option).  I need help with this
ASAP.