POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? : Re: English style? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English style?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 12 Sep 1999 07:48:33
Message: <37dd92ea.3606746@194.174.214.110>
Hi Edward C., you recently wrote in povray.programming:

> How does one write the date in POV source files?  DD/MM/YY, or that
> inexplicable style MM/DD/YY?
Mostly in Europe (as far as I have experienced), the format used is
DD.MM.YY. Using dots instead of slashes is the way I identify which
system is being used. I think using DD/MM/YY is always going to be
confusing because the USA uses the MM/DD/YY format.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray