POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Triangles to Coloured triangles : Re: Triangles to Coloured triangles Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangles to Coloured triangles
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Sep 1999 12:07:54
Message: <37dd215a@news.povray.org>
In article <37DCC232.493E9614@rdg.ac.uk> , Fred <sas### [at] rdgacuk>  wrote:

> I was referring to an option provided by Chris Colefax's TriColor Macro
> (Now updated to the Triangle Mapping macro -
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434) which allowed
> 'per-vertex' colouring of triangles... this macro created
> coloured_smooth_triangle objects...the new version seems to create

Ah, I see. I think it is a misunderstanding of what is a macro and what is
an object. Macros are something like functions (in POV-Ray) that can
generate scene parts from abstract algorithms. This is what the TriColor
macro does. It generates triangles and puts them into a mesh object, and the
mesh object is a POV-Ray scene object.
Usually third party applications that export to POV-Ray do not output
anything else then plain POV-Ray scenes.
I am not aware of any program that can do the conversion you need
automatically. If there would be such a program it could probably do all
steps (meaning that you wouldn't need the TriColor macro at all) and output
a new scene file. Sorry!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde